Hillsborough Early Head Start
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) Early Head Start program in Hillsborough county uses a unique model and approach to early learning by working with Family Childcare Homes to deliver early learning and care to infants. Our childcare providers are committed to helping children reach their full potential. A unique and dedicated team work with families in providers’ homes to deliver a unique home environment and partner with parents as they nurture and care for the youngest newborn infants and toddlers (6 weeks to 3-years-old).
Families must meet current Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to qualify for Head Start/Early Head Start. Foster children who are age eligible may qualify regardless of their family’s income.
Parents must provide the following documents when applying:
- Birth Certificate (Proof of Guardianship/Custody if applicable)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income for the past 52 weeks or previous calendar year (i.e. pay stubs, W-2, 1040, statement from employer, etc.)
- Documentation of child’s disability (if applicable)
- Photo Identification of Parent
Applications will be accepted daily at the Head Start Administrative office listed below.
HEAD START AND EARLY HEAD START BENEFITS:
- Education: Early childhood education, including an evidence-based curriculum, which is aligned with the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Health and Mental Health: We support your child’s overall wellness with services including but not limited to: health records monitoring; speech, language and behavioral assessments; lead and hearing screenings; and daily health checks.
- Family Engagement: We believe that parents are their children’s first teacher! Our family engagement activities offer parents leadership opportunities, education and training, and support in setting and accomplishing both individual and family goals.
For more information on the LSF Early Head Start Program, call 813-676-9486 or visit the office at
3635 W. Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33614
PARTNER / VOLUNTEER
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT?
- Volunteer in a classroom, painting or beautifying the yard!
- Volunteer at the Administrative Office, with special events and outreach!
- Make a Cash Donation!
- Donate supplies (i.e. paper, paint, books, furniture)
- Sponsor an Event or Training for parents and staff
- Offer Meeting and Event Space
- There’s several ways to partner with us.