Duval Head Start/Early Head Start
LSF Duval Head Start and Early Head Start provides Head Start and Early Head Start to over 1800 children and their families in Duval County. We have served Duval County since 2014.
In 2015 LSF was awarded the Duval EHS Child Care Partnership grant to serve 100 infants and toddlers through child care partnerships with private child care centers and family child care homes. Our commitment to children in need knows no boundaries, which is why we offer the highest quality early educational services across the state of Florida, especially in communities that are traditionally underserved.
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) is forming partnerships with organizations throughout the Duval County community, such as the Jacksonville Children’s Commission, Early Learning Coalition of Duval, Children’s Home Society, and Duval County Public Schools, among many others, to ensure that high-quality early childhood education is accessible to all families in need.
Head Start and Early Head Start Benefits:
- Education: Early childhood education, including an evidence-based curriculum, which is aligned with the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Health and Mental Health: We support your child’s overall wellness with services including but not limited to: health records monitoring; speech, language and behavioral assessments; lead and hearing screenings; and daily health checks.
- Family Engagement: We believe that parents are their children’s first teacher! Our family engagement activities offer parents leadership opportunities, education and training, and support in setting and accomplishing both individual and family goals.
For more information on the LSF Head Start Program, call 904-423-8637 or visit the Administrative office at
3027 San Diego Drive Jacksonville, Florida 32207.
Partner / volunteer
We know the value of your time, talent and treasure! It takes caring people like you with a variety of skills and experiences to make our program what it is today. When you give to Head Start/Early Head Start, you are supporting our vision that every child is “Ready for School, Prepared for Life.” In addition, your support helps this local program to meet a very critical mandate: to ensure that $1 out of every $4 comes from the community, and not the federal government. This is what we call Non-Federal Share (you may also know it as “in-kind”).
If you are interested in volunteering, sponsoring a workshop or parent engagement activity, supporting us through donations or becoming a partner, please complete our Partner Interest Form and call (904) 719-8044 for more information. You may also download our Wish List.
How can you support?
- Volunteer in a classroom, painting or beautifying the yard!
- Volunteer at the Administrative Office, with special events and outreach!
- Make a Cash Donation!
- Donate supplies (i.e. paper, paint, books, furniture)
- Sponsor an Event or Training for parents and staff
- Offer Meeting and Event Space
- There’s several ways to partner with us.